Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Silly Boys

So, last night I made Sloppy Joes for dinner using lean (4%) ground beef. It was super easy and tasty…or so I thought. Matt took one bite and says, “This is fat free beef”. I laughed and explained that it was 4%. Now, he just thinks it’s an atrocity that such a thing would exist. When I was a kid that’s the only type of ground beef my mom would buy. We never ate the fatty stuff, so I really don’t mind it. Matt, on the other hand, never tried lean beef until I started cooking for him. Matt doesn’t complain about my cooking unless it involves turkey or lean ground beef. So last night he turned into a critic and a comedian. It was quite funny. He said, “What is fat free beef? Turkey!” I told him that the day he starts cooking is the day he can complain. Needless to say he ate a huge plateful for the Sloppy Joes!!

As we were lying in bed he says, “Michelle, I’m in dire need of some good food.” All I could do was laugh. He said it in such a way that you would think he was actually dying. He specifically requested that I make my Spaghetti Pie. It’s basically spaghetti and sauce mixed together with Italian sausage. Then you put it in a baking dish, spread cream cheese over it and then sprinkle with chives and mozzarella. Then just bake it. Purdy darn good, but not too diet friendly.

In the end Matt said he would continue to eat my “diet” food. I don’t think he was really trying to complain…just in dire need of some good food. You know honey; it could be a lot worse. I could be making you eat tofu or something! And tonight won’t be the night that I make you Spaghetti Pie, which is no way a reflection on the amount of love I have for you. I just don’t feel like going to the grocery store 2 days in a row. However, if you bring home spaghetti, sauce, sausage and mozzarella then I would have no choice but to cook for you. (I already have cream cheese) I still love you!

2 comments:

AndieB said...

guys are too cute! Boys... we'll just leave it at that

OaklandLady said...

save up your points michellie! i think he is jeapordizing your efforts- BAD husband. He should encourage your healthy eating and sneak the foods he wants during the work day when youre nto looking. thats all i have to say about that.